Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16278 for PC

MVP

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16278 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead).

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/08/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

2 Replies

I am in the slow ring and received this update last night.

The update created a new profile 'me' instead of using my existing profile.

I have tried to get assistance, but Insider Hub is gone and not available and the agent involved in case number 1397036935 was ubable to assist, provide contact information for the Insiders program, or elevate the case to a more technical agent.

I need assistance with this issue as my old profile uses hard links (via the junction command) and other information and settings that took a great deal of time and research to develop.  These issues should not be that hard to resolve and a cannt understand why the update created a new profile instead of using the one associated with the user account. 

Thanks you in advance for any assistance.

Tom

16278 installed a couple days ago and I lost all networking. My 2 network adapters showed NOT CONFIGURED in Device Manager. I rolled back to 16275 and all was well again. I put a hold on updates.

Bob B.