SOLVED

Where can we download ISO image file for Windows 10 Enterprise Multi-session edition for WVD?

MVP

Where can we download ISO image file for Windows 10 Enterprise Multi-session edition for WVD?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@HotCakeX 

Alright Finally found it!

you can download it from here:

[link removed due to moderator's request]

Note that all of the links are official, which means they are being downloaded directly from the Microsoft servers, that website is only providing the user interface, not hosting anything.

Annotation 2019-08-22 011952.png

Now I have 2 questions.

1. why is there no VM for Hyper-V? there are VMware, Virtualbox etc in the list but Hyper-V is missing which is weird since this is a Microsoft product!

2. is 16299 the latest version?

Hi HotCakeX,
I do not think the version you are mentioning is the Multisession one, only the Enterprise version of Win10.
As Win10 Multisession is optimized for Azure, there is no supported method to run this version on-prem (it won't activate against your KMS server).
Best method to prepare a master image is to deploy a VM with this version, snapshot it, sysprep and deploy new vm's based on that image.
Thanks, yes i actually tried it on VM using a guide i found online and it helped a lot setting it up.
i will link it here when i find it
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

@HotCakeX 

Alright Finally found it!

you can download it from here:

[link removed due to moderator's request]

Note that all of the links are official, which means they are being downloaded directly from the Microsoft servers, that website is only providing the user interface, not hosting anything.

Annotation 2019-08-22 011952.png

Now I have 2 questions.

1. why is there no VM for Hyper-V? there are VMware, Virtualbox etc in the list but Hyper-V is missing which is weird since this is a Microsoft product!

2. is 16299 the latest version?

View solution in original post