SOLVED

Print Error 0x8007007e - Error while trying to print, preview does not work also only Edge Browser

Copper Contributor

Hello,

while trying to print out any type of document, Windows 10, Browser Edge causes the following error: Auf Ihrem Drucker ist ein unerwartetes Konfigurationsproblem aufgetreten 0x8007007e

Does somebody have an idea? Printing with the Internet Explorer is no issue.

2019-04-17 17_24_21-DESKTOP-JTCQI9S - TeamViewer.jpg

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Nikolaus Yates (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nikolaus Yates 

Windows button + R to get to the Run screen
Type "spool"
Open "drivers"
Find folder "x64old" and open
Look for "printconfig.dll" in folder (might be in folder "3" within "x64old") and copy it (right click and "copy"), use search box in top right if needed
Go back to "drivers" folder and open "x64" folder

Paste the "printconfig.dll" into the same part of the "x64" folder (paste it in the "3" folder within it if that is where you found it in "x64old")
Restart computer and it should work (it will take a few extra seconds to spool up when you print your first document in Edge or Mail)

Worked great for me and I am not a big computer guy.

Good luck!!

Regards,

Akshay

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nikolaus Yates (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nikolaus Yates 

Windows button + R to get to the Run screen
Type "spool"
Open "drivers"
Find folder "x64old" and open
Look for "printconfig.dll" in folder (might be in folder "3" within "x64old") and copy it (right click and "copy"), use search box in top right if needed
Go back to "drivers" folder and open "x64" folder

Paste the "printconfig.dll" into the same part of the "x64" folder (paste it in the "3" folder within it if that is where you found it in "x64old")
Restart computer and it should work (it will take a few extra seconds to spool up when you print your first document in Edge or Mail)

Worked great for me and I am not a big computer guy.

Good luck!!

Regards,

Akshay

View solution in original post