Group Policy Servicing

Copper Contributor

In the last time we hearing about MDM or DSC , but nothing about Group Policy development. 

Have you change the focus and the Group Policy as a technology will not be develop any longer in any really meaning way?

4 Replies
Hi Kazimierz, We still support group policy and in fact you can see that most new Windows 10 security features have both group policies and MDM policies added. There are still many orgs that depend on group policy and so we'll continue to make sure you can use this. The group policy platform is also very mature. However, the reason you see a lot of mention about MDM is that this is addressing the needs of a new world - where users are mobile and not connected to corp network. And we are still actively building this.

I would disagree with the statement Most persons in the New- world are mobile users.  I would rather say that most users also use a mobile solution in conjunction with their networked solution. 

How are you arriving at this conclusion?

Yes, but when I see you stop the Security Compliance Manager , well I can think different

Yes, but when I see you stop the Security Compliance Manager , well I can think different