Can I get Version 1809 anywhere now that 1903 is out?

Copper Contributor

Have two users at two different locations having problems connecting to our file server.

One user is getting the network drive mapped incorrectly, the other isn’t getting the drive mapped at all.

Current workaround - Created batch files on their desktops to delete any previous mapping and re-map the normal drive.

PCs and users in same ADUC groups and OUs as others without the issues.  Users running same logon script as user without the issues.

One thing I noticed was that the two users with issues have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS build 17134.885.  Those with Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS build 17763.615 do not have this issue.  I want to update these two clients to Version 1809 but cannot, everything tries to install 1903 (the latest).  I don't want to have two clients with 1903 (yet) and perhaps have to start troubleshooting that, I would like to update these two clients to Version 1809 to see if it resolves the issues.  Anyone know how?

2 Replies

Hi@Susan Alexander 

The problem is your two clients never been on version 1809

You are able to roll back on updates in the first 10 days but if you upgrade from 1803 to 1903 and then you roll back in the frist 10days, the "Windows.old" folder located at the root of the local disk where Windows 10 is installed will facilitate the rollback to 1803 build.

I would reccommend you to look for a safe iso of the Windows 1809 build and perform a clean install on the clients or looks for possible clone options to copy the other user's build on the two clients you mentioned.

Thank you

Dav,