Deployment via OOBE Pcs and provisionning tools

Copper Contributor

Hi dream team.

Any return on experiences involving provisionning method at a large scale ?

3 Replies

A comment to start with:  

• Our preferred mechanism for provisioning new devices is a cloud-driven one, e.g. using Azure Active Directory and Intune/MDM to set up the device.  That begins at OOBE, with MDM doing the full configuration of the device (pushed-down settings, apps, etc.).
  • We do offer provisioning packages and Windows Configuration Designer, but this is an IT-driven process, not a user-driven one.  That's OK for those that aren't cloud-ready.
  • And for schools, we offer the Set Up School PCs app, which is a simple wizard to create a school-specific provisioning package - still deployed by an IT-like person, but designed to be quick and easy.

Thank you Michael.

I already have identified these 3 possibilities.

My question related to real-life experience of WCD use in large scale companies (or even medium size companies)

Good evening and greetings from South Africa,

On the following comment:

"We do offer provisioning packages and Windows Configuration Designer, but this is an IT-driven process, not a user-driven one. hat's OK for those that aren't cloud-ready."

We currently receiving our Lenovo devices pre-built with our Offline Build that is so not updated and when our DTR Team receive the device they rebuild - Windows 7.

For Windows 10 we want to provide them with Windows 10 OSD and basic applications for OOBE.

I can use Windows Configuration Designer.