Autopilot Hybrid Join Problem

Deleted
Not applicable

I need some help debugging problems with this. I have the following:

1. ODJ connector installed and visible in Intune

2. Permissions for ODJ connector computer to create/delete computer objects in OU

3. Deployment profile with Hybrid join selected, domain and OU specified as well as machine prefix

4. OOBE parameters set.

5. Workstation with 1809

6. Device in Business Store with group membership and profile assignment

7. Intune group with machine as member and profile assigned to this group

When I import the machine into the store, and sync with Intune, all the stuff that should happen seems to happen. AAD account is created, I manually add the device to the Intune group. Profile is assigned (by store). But when I run the setup, I get the old "Something went wrong" message (80004005) without a way it seems to debug this process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies
I have the same problem. I’ll let you know if I manage to fix it

It turns out I was making a very bad assumption. My assumption was that specifying a deployment profile in the Microsoft Business Store, which carries down to Intune, would drive the deployment. As it turns out that is not the case. We need to have the devices in a group so that we can assign the deployment profile to that group. I was hoping to use the enrollment profile for a dynamic group assignment but that has not worked out. For now, I am using a dynamic group that looks at OrderId. My experience is that without an orderId this field contains the Autopilot deployment GROUP name. So I am working with dynamic groups that associate to values in the OrderId.

Once I had the device in a group that was assigned to the deployment profile, it did a domain join on the build and I am working from this point now.