Add Languages to Win10 1903 via OSD

Steel Contributor
Anyone able to outline the process I can use for installing languages on Windows 10 1903 via OSD (or even just how it needs to occur)? A customer needs to have Australian as the main language with the option installed for users to change it Japanese. I have a script to install the FOD for all the applicable languages, but the deployment doesn't show Japanese, and the Windows display language only has English (US) as the option. Looking for information on how to do this shows that not a lot of people have been successful at this for the later versions of Windows 10.
4 Replies

Hi @Dan Snape 

Are you trying to install these languages in an online image or offline image? 

Are you using Windows Update or local folder as path for the FoD? For example if you want to install it from a local path you will want to use the following command:

Dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath="packagename"

To check why languages are not showing up after installing with your script, go to %systemroot%\logs\cbs and check the cbs.log logs.

Regards, 

Juan S

@juansobradoThe languages FOD's are installed as part of a PowerShell script during a Task Sequence.

@Dan Snape Hi Dan. To rule out if the problem is with the script, please try installing the FoD via dism command. 

Let me know the results,

Regards, 

Juan S.

@juansobrado  hello to all. I have the same problem. I need to install the greek keyboard either during the sccm osd of win 10 1903 or offline using dism. Can you please advise on how to do it.

thanks