SOLVED

User Group for ITPro Women - meeting June 22, 3pm EST

Microsoft

Here’s the info for our second meeting of the User Group for ITPro Women. Please spread the word!

Topic:

Paths to being an ITPro

We found at the first meeting that we took some interesting paths to get where we are today. For our second meeting, let's focus on resources we used to get into the ITPro world, and how we can help share those resources with others. I will get someone to talk about Microsoft learning paths and certifications. Please reply to this thread if you want to talk about other ITPro resources you are familiar with. 

This meeting WILL be recorded.

We welcome anyone who wants to support women in the ITPro world. 

The meeting will be Friday, June 22 at 3pm EST*, which translates to:

New York City

3pm/15:00

Paris

9 pm/21:00

London

8 pm/20:00

Chicago

2 pm/14:00

Denver

1 pm/13:00

Seattle

Noon/12:00

New Dehli

Saturday 12:30 am/00:30

Brisbane

Saturday, 5 am/05:00

Try to join by computer if you can – here are some tips: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Join-a-Skype-for-Business-meeting-3862be6d-758a-4064-a016-6...

Scroll to the bottom of the article for information about joining with a web app or with phone only.

.........................................................................................................................................

Join Skype Meeting      

Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App

Join by phone

Toll-free number: +1 (866) 641-7188,,5717583# (Dial-in Number)                                 English (United States)  

Toll number:         +1 (469) 480-6284,,5717583# (Dial-in Number)                                 English (United States)  

Find a local number

Conference ID: 5717583

Forgot your dial-in PIN? |Help  

Welcome to Skype for Business Online Meetings. All participants who use the Join by Phone option must dial the full number for call access.

*It seems like Fridays afternoons EST are the best time. I know the timing isn’t great for Europe or Australia, and even worse for India. If we get more people interested in those areas, I’d be happy to set up a second call at a better time – please encourage people in your areas to join in on the announcement thread with their preferred times and time zones. I’ll post the notes about the first meeting back on this forum afterwards for anyone who can’t make it.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Carla Decena (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Maybe we could setup a Microsoft Team or other place to better consolidate group messaging, provide an option for people to join the group......?  Is that planned?

Hi, Donna, at the moment we're trying to keep things open and use these forums for organizing, so we don't have a barrier with membership and invitations. There's a lot that we can do in this public space. But I also encourage this to be a starting point - if someone wants to start a "special interest group" for ITPro topics, like "Women ITPros in the legal field" or "Women ITPros who are database administrators", I think that's great! And they may want to organize a bit differently. But I think the first thing to do is find a critical mass of people who are interested and then like at any well-attended party, smaller conversation groups will naturally form.

I envision this site as being a sort of "DNS Root" for finding opportunities for supporting ITPro women, and hope that people will start posting what other "birds of a feather" activities are happening, real-time or virtual. 

Sounds good, thank you Cathy!

Here's the recording from the June 22 meeting of the Women in IT group. We had some great discussion about ways to get into IT. Some of us on the call got into IT as technical trainers, so we have a bias towards certification, but not everyone on the call was certified. I started a thread about how important you think certification is. Also, Shona started a thread where we can list resources for getting into IT. 

Here's the recording

Agh, I completely missed this. Thank you for recording. :) 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Carla Decena (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Maybe we could setup a Microsoft Team or other place to better consolidate group messaging, provide an option for people to join the group......?  Is that planned?

View solution in original post