Feb-2019 v-meet up for WomenITPros - Feb 22, 3pm ET - TechGirlz: there's more to tech than coding

Microsoft

How TechGirlz shows girls there's more to tech than coding

TechGirlz has created over 50 short, interactive tech workshops (TechShopz) which cover a wide variety of technology topics. These workshops are packaged in a virtual box, allowing anyone, anywhere to run a TechShop. Ms.Cliett will discuss how TechGirlz has worked with over 10,000 volunteers around the country, empowering teachers, IT professionals, and college and high school students to teach over 14,000 middle school girls. Learn how you can inspire the girls in your community with this curricula. 

Amy has an extensive background in operations management, which paved the way for her work in streamlining innovative processes for large organizations and startups. In 2014, Amy made the bold choice to pursue a career in tech, becoming a self-taught freelance web developer. Since then, Amy has worked throughout the US as a passionate hacktivist in the tech inclusion and diversity in STEAM fields movement. As the National Director of Techgirlz, Amy works to inspire middle school girls to explore the possibilities of technology to empower their future careers.  

Our meetings are open to anyone of all gender identities who wants to support women in the ITPro field. Please share this with anyone you think might be interested!

________________________________________________________________________________
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 469-480-6284   United States, Dallas (Toll)

(866) 641-7188   (Toll-free)

Conference ID: 667 464 96#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams

________________________________________________________________________________

The meeting will be Friday, Feb 22 at 3pm EST*, which translates to:

New York City

3pm/15:00

Paris

9 pm/21:00

London

8 pm/20:00

Brasilia

6 pm/18:00

Chicago

2 pm/14:00

Denver

1 pm/13:00

Seattle

Noon/12:00

New Dehli

Saturday 12:30 am/00:30

Brisbane

Saturday, 5 am/05:00

If you have problems joining, tweet @CxPCathy and we'll try and get you in.

2 Replies

@CA Callahan - we talked about this group at one of our meetings and I think you were the one who brought them up. Hope you can be there for the next call! 

I didn't see this message until *after* the meeting, but I am glad I made it. Thank you so very, very much for bringing TechGirlz to the WomenITPros. It's such a great program. I will definitely bring more feedback when I do more 'shops. I am going to contact the girls scouts. I hadn't thought of them, and with my shiny new clearances, I would probably be well suited.

It has been a challenge in my area to try to get any interest from the adults. They just don't see why giving tech classes to girls is relevant. The school who was most interested already had active support for teaching tech, mostly because it's a very poor community and the faculty want to give these kids a chance to break free from poverty, and technology is their best bet to compete.

It's great that Microsoft stores are a go to, but most cities don't have one. My city has two Apple stores but none for Microsoft. Sadness.

Thanks again for the meeting today, and the topic. Go Techgirlz!!