SOLVED

SCOM low disk space alert don't work

Copper Contributor

I created a low disk space alarm for Windows 10 client , but neither the console nor the mail received a warning.

My configuration steps are as follows:

1.     In the "rules" of the authoring interface, search for "logical Disk" see the screenshot below.

1.png2.png3.png

2.     In the "Monitor" of the authoring interface, search for "logical Disk" see the screenshot below.

4.png5.png6.png

3.     To trigger this alert in a POC environment, I do the following for a client (using Disk Manager to compress disk space).

7.png

With the above configuration, I did not receive any alerts as I expected, but in the SCOM monitoring panel, I could see a chart of disk space.

8.png

I hope you master can help me, thank you very much!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by TAMSHUI (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @TAMSHUI,

The logical disk free space alert monitors the percentage free space and the number of free MBytes remaining on a logical disk.

An alert will be raised only when both conditions; the low percentage free space threshold and low number of free MBytes threshold is the disk flagged as having low disk free space.

Best regards,
Leon

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TAMSHUI (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @TAMSHUI,

The logical disk free space alert monitors the percentage free space and the number of free MBytes remaining on a logical disk.

An alert will be raised only when both conditions; the low percentage free space threshold and low number of free MBytes threshold is the disk flagged as having low disk free space.

Best regards,
Leon

View solution in original post