SOLVED

SCOM 2016 and DPM 2016 MP - Data Warehouse failed to deploy database component

Copper Contributor

We are getting the following errors:

Data Warehouse failed to deploy database component. Failed to deploy Data Warehouse component. The operation will be retried.
 Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to perform Data Warehouse component deployment operation: Install; Component: DataSet, Id: '34f57e9b-2777-8c69-a5a6-fbc8d0f1824f', Management Pack Version-dependent Id: 'e3a96ce5-bfb2-07b8-ef66-4c711a6606c7'; Target: DataSet, Id: '3f4f9eb6-e811-4b90-a117-bf5fc4809b7b'. Batch ordinal: 8; Exception: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UN_StandardDatasetAggregationStorage_BaseTableName'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.StandardDatasetAggregationStorage'. The duplicate key value is (tbl_DPM_BackupEvents).
 The statement has been terminated.

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Component

Instance name: Data Warehouse Synchronization Service

Instance ID: {5F80CF0E-D4C5-E494-E0EB-FAF66CE1AA40

6 Replies

I'm also having the same issue.  Error Appears, disappears, but keeps coming up.  DPM MP's seem to be the problem, but haven't found a resolution yet.  Yet DPM reports all information(Failures as I haven't changed alerts(VERY Few)), volumes, storage, systems covered, etc.  Haven't been able to find any info on this issue.

yeah, exact same I think, I have to wait for it to cycle again, mine appears and then disappears from console.  I'll post next time it comes up.  Is your's a new installation like mine?  Could this just be file build per group in DPM or something?

Mine

Data Warehouse failed to deploy database component. Failed to deploy Data Warehouse component. The operation will be retried.
Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to perform Data Warehouse component deployment operation: Install; Component: DataSet, Id: '34f57e9b-2777-8c69-a5a6-fbc8d0f1824f', Management Pack Version-dependent Id: 'e3a96ce5-bfb2-07b8-ef66-4c711a6606c7'; Target: DataSet, Id: '7e2f3e3f-c784-4567-a957-bfa615122176'. Batch ordinal: 8; Exception: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UN_StandardDatasetAggregationStorage_BaseTableName'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.StandardDatasetAggregationStorage'. The duplicate key value is (tbl_DPM_BackupEvents).
The statement has been terminated.

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Component

Instance name: Data Warehouse Synchronization Service

Instance ID: {6D2D6306-8886-7721-DE34-95A850188022}

Management group: xxxxx - Blocked out

Have you looked at the table?  

best response confirmed by Eugene Leitan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Uninstalling the DPM2016 management packs, then running the SQL Script in the following article and reinstalling the MP's, fixed this problem for my system.  Even though script was written for older version.

https://getblogpost.pendlenet.co.uk/data-warehouse-errors-after-upgrading-dpm-2012-r2-management-pac...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eugene Leitan (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Uninstalling the DPM2016 management packs, then running the SQL Script in the following article and reinstalling the MP's, fixed this problem for my system.  Even though script was written for older version.

https://getblogpost.pendlenet.co.uk/data-warehouse-errors-after-upgrading-dpm-2012-r2-management-pac...

View solution in original post