Ways to keep windows 10 up to date with CB/CBB releases using windows as a service
While i am working on WaaS feature in configuration manager CB 1702. I have few queries and need some pointers. Clients have Windows pro 1511 CBB.
1. When i try to use WaaS and create servicing plans using rings, does the new CB/CBB breaks customizations on the existing machines as part of Windows update?
2. While creating plan, i am observing that few updated are not listed with release CB and few doesn't listed if servicing plan is created for CBB (Business release). Is there any matrix which we can follow to understand if we select CBB , what we suppose to get as listed options to deploy as update and if we select CB, what all are the updates available?
3. I am exploring TS way to deploy updates for CB/CBB offline, while creating TS it expects 'upgrade package', where do i get this for CB/CBB. Suppose i have 1511 running on machines, where do i download 1607/1703 CBB to create those a package? None of article explains this..
4. While using 'Servicing plan' rings, it downloads required update files from internet and those seems encrypted (like 15063.0.170710-1358.rs2_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTProfessionalVL_VOL_x64fre_en-us.esd)..how do we extract these packages manually or is there any way to run these packages manually or as part of TS?
5. In CAS, multi pri site and secondary site scenario, what is the efficient way to implement WaaS . Do we need to create 'Servicing plan' rings in each PRI/SEC Sites or Creating Rings at CAS level would be enough?