SOLVED

Office 365 Pro Plus - Office Update "This product will not be updated."

Brass Contributor

Office 365 Pro Plus has started saying "This product will not be updated." on my managed PCs.

I'm on Current Branch 1710 (first hotfix) and Office 365 Pro Plus Version 1711 (Build 8730.2127 Click-to-Run).

Office 365 Pro Plus updates through ConfigMgr were working fine as of...  November?  And I just never noticed that it broke?  Might have been 1710 that broke it.

Other updates work great.

Has anyone ran into this issue?  And have a good way to fix it?

2018-03-09 11_14_35-Outlook.png

5 Replies
It's normal that beavor if ConfigManager is manage the updates instead Microsoft Update site. For good delivery by ConfigManager you need to Enable Management of the Office 365 Client Agent on ConfigManager client and on GPO enable that updates.
best response confirmed by Kirk Francis (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Kirk,

This is a known issue that displays when the Nov 2017 Office 365 update (version 1711) gets installed, but only for Office 365 instances managed via ConfigMgr - here is a thread regarding the issue https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-ProPlus/Office-C2R-Version-1711-8730-2127-This-pro...

Office will continue to update via ConfigMgr, but the UI is not the best reflection on that. They did finally fix it with the Feb 2018 update (version 1802).

Office-UI-Fix.png

Awesome! I will update via ConfigMgr tomorrow when I'm back in the office and let you know what happens. Thanks!

Hi, Gerardo.

Thanks for your help.  We pushed the update and all is right in the world.  OK, well, all is right with Office anyhow.

Thanks!

No worries Kirk, glad I could help :D

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kirk Francis (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Kirk,

This is a known issue that displays when the Nov 2017 Office 365 update (version 1711) gets installed, but only for Office 365 instances managed via ConfigMgr - here is a thread regarding the issue https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-ProPlus/Office-C2R-Version-1711-8730-2127-This-pro...

Office will continue to update via ConfigMgr, but the UI is not the best reflection on that. They did finally fix it with the Feb 2018 update (version 1802).

Office-UI-Fix.png

View solution in original post