SOLVED

Deploying Security Tool with SCCM during Logon

Brass Contributor

Is this possible? When I googled this, there was a time where logon was part of the scheduling steps when deploying applications.

RunOnce is failing to install because it needs to be run as administrator. RunOnce simulates only double clicking the install .bat.

Any suggestion?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by rockypabillore (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@rockypabillore If you're deploying as an Application, on the User Experience tab of the Deployment Tab, make sure "Installation behavior" is "Install for system", then set "Logon requirement" to "Only when a user is logged on". If the installer requires user input, make sure "Allow users to view and interact with the program installation" is checked.

Why the requirement for installation at user logon?

@Ryan Steele 

Hi Ryan,

I finally got a work around. The security tool requires system installation so I added it to RunOnce HKLM key.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rockypabillore (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@rockypabillore If you're deploying as an Application, on the User Experience tab of the Deployment Tab, make sure "Installation behavior" is "Install for system", then set "Logon requirement" to "Only when a user is logged on". If the installer requires user input, make sure "Allow users to view and interact with the program installation" is checked.

View solution in original post