Which scenario to choose - hybrid vs Intune standalone

Deleted
Not applicable

We have Office 365 and EMS licenses and have SCCM deployment. User devices run Win7,8,10, and MacOS; mobile devices are iOS and Android.
Now we would like to start managing mobile devices and would like to have full stack of capabilities like endpoint encryption, protection, security policies, conditional and risk based access etc.
Should we go with Intune standalone and start on a clean slate: manage what we can with Intune, and leave Win7 in SCCM while we gradually upgrade them to Win10, or there is benefit from running SCCM+Intune hybrid?
Some of benefits of hybrid scenario based on my research:
1. better support for MacOS in SCCM (through plugins like Parallels) than it there is today in Intune (Intune has upcoming integration with JAMF, are there other integrations?)
2. endpoint protection for MacOs is included in SCCM
3. SCCM has centralized management of antivirus
4. reporting today is richer in SCCM

Any other considerations you comment on? Thanks.

3 Replies

No, our Mac focus is on the Mac MDM side, with native Intune management and our JAMF integration.  I think you're referring to co-management, not Hybrid, right?  Can you clarify?  Co-management allows you to persist SCCM management on Windows, move workloads for Windows 10 to Intune over time, and use Intune for cross-platform MDM and MAM.

Well, in my question I meant hybrid. Once we have implemented Intune standalone, we can then utilize co-management. Will co-management besides Windows also support transition for MacOs, iOS, Android? What about Linux?

Seems you're mixing two things, Hybrid migration and co-management.  One, Hybrid migration moves existing Hybrid configurations to Intune SA (iOS, Android).  After that's done, and you're on SCCM and Intune SA, then you can use co-management start moving Windows 10 management workloads.  There's no Linux support in Intune, so nothing to migrate there.  No plans for Mac workload migration (from SCCM to Intune).