Hybrid client

Brass Contributor

I have many clients that are hybrid - sometimes the work inside the network and sometimes outside. Previously, with IBCM, I could set them up as a hybrid client, meaning that when the client was connected to the internal network it was connected directly to the SCCM server and when roaming it connected to the SCCM server in the DMZ.

Can I achieve that with CO-Management?

1 Reply

We added the Cloud Management Gateway feature to simplify this scenario and reduce the infrastructure impact and exposure, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/manage/manage-clients-internet for a comparison of the two. Both IBCM and CMG are for SCCM-managed workloads. Co-management can leverage CMG to allow Internet-based devices to receive SCCM managed workloads. Co-management is really about giving you flexibility and control over which workloads (compliance, resource access, updates, etc.) are managed by which service. And remember that co-management is not the intended end-state; it is just a bridge between the current traditional management methodologies and the modern cloud-based management.