Surface Hub Suggestion Box

Steel Contributor

Huge Surface Hub fan here.  I thought I'd start a suggestion box thread.  Feel free to contribute.  I'll start with my next reply!

83 Replies

@David Phillips wrote:

We could use a free built in PDF app.  We often have executive meetings who need to display large (500+ page) PDF files with bookmarks.  The Edge browser displays the file, but there are no bookmarks.

I totally agree.  I've noticed that PDFs stored on OneDrive open much slower with Edge than most other file types and so a good reader would be great!

Hi

Can you explain how this works please? I would be a great tool if two surfaces could interact together on the whiteboard.

Thanks David

Hi David

You can find out more information on hub-to-hub whiteboard collaboration here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/surface-hub/whiteboard-collaboration

Thanks
Dan

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will go and give it a try.

Kind regards

David

oOH, looks like this is now possible (since May perhaps, or definitely this summer). 

Now we just need Microsoft to release the Whiteboard app to Windows 10 store for non-Hub devices, then other touch/pen devices (like my Surface Studio or Surface Pro) can participate in this collaborative session remotely as well. Unfortunately that didn't come out in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (2017), so I'm hoping that will come out shortly. 

Thanks Dan - pins and needles waiting on the MS Whiteboard for Windows 10 (non-Hub) device release!

I wrote about that here as it happens just a couple of weeks ago. Like you, I expected it with FCU, but so far nothing new has been heard. I think MS are making some behind the scenes changes based on initial feedback, and thus may have delayed slightly.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

That will be coming next year as per the roadmap for Teams (end of June 18).  Ignite session here about it https://myignite.microsoft.com/videos/53581

Thanks for posting this Graham! Hadn't seen that MS has publicly announced (though was aware of the 4-up video gallery for Teams on Surface Hub)

@Deleted wrote:

That will be coming next year as per the roadmap for Teams (end of June 18).  Ignite session here about it https://myignite.microsoft.com/videos/53581

Thanks for this Graham!

I think I could cope without a teams app if the hub could join a teams meeting in the same way it joins a SFB meeting?

I'd like to see a way to save the Whiteboard and then be able to open again at a later date to continue.  Example a team uses the Whiteboard to map out a project or such on one day and then needs to schedule another meeting to finish or continue, and be able to reopen that same whiteboard and continue.

Does anyone know when the Whiteboard app will be available for Windows 10 users?  I know you can share the Whiteboard between Surface Hubs, but when will other users on Surface Pros, Surface Books other Win 10 devices?

Hi Jim. I believe that the experience will be the same as it is on Skype Room Systems. The Surface Hub will show and join Teams meetings the exact same way as it does Skype for Business, and will show a logo on the Welcome Screen in the meeting details to identify which is being used.
Hi Jeffrey. This is already possible. Save the Whiteboard to your OneDrive, then in your next session, open the OneDrive app, sign in, and select the Whiteboard file you want to load. It will load into the Whiteboard app and you can continue working on it.

Thanks @Daniel Hudson for this!  I tried it and it works, the only downside is that when you save it, to OneDrive when you are done with another session, it creates a new file and so if you used this over multiple meetings, you'd have to make sure you open the latest one, but it works.

Hi,

We have a recording application called Collaboration Recall that was specifically written for the Surface Hub and does not require the Internet to run.  It will record all video, all audio and all user interactions on and in front of the Surface Hub.   It will record your Skype for Business meetings too. 

please see this link to the thread with all the details.... 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Surface-Hub/Recording-video-and-audio-from-Surface-Hub/m-p/13...

Download here ..... 

Collaborations Recall - Windows Store

Cheers

-Tim.   ( INFO@BinaryBorn.com )

CR signature.png

@Tim Presland, I'll take a look at the app and see how it works.  Thanks!

@Jeffrey Allen   No worries.   Let me know if you have any questions? 

cheers

-Tim. 

@Tim Presland, I noticed that the sound is a little choppy and the video is okay but seeing words aren't that clear on this beta version.  I've made three short recordings, two for tips for the device and one as a test of the recording features.  Looking forward to seeing the final product and also being able to save to ODfB.  Thanks!