Surface Hub / Skype Room System integration with existing room a/v

Steel Contributor

Has anyone done any work yet with integrating Surface Hub into existing room AV, specifically for mic input and speaker output?  I'm looking for better than a prosumer solution to integrate Surface Hub and eventually Skype Room System into rooms that have an existing audio system.  I know I could put a Magewell SDI or HDMI between the room rack and Surface Hub, but I'm looking for a more professional solution like a Crestron DSP, or something similar.

5 Replies

Hi David, Crestron (which you mentioned in your post) have a solution to integrate with Surface Hub (http://www.crestron.com/products/line/ms-microsoft-surface-hub-integration).

Thanks for the response. Per that page (and our own experience), that functionality, as advertised, is "coming soon". Unfortunately it still doesn't appear to address integrating existing room a/v as inputs into the Surface Hub. That is the scenario I'm discussing here.
Hi David, we use AMX in our tables to allow different connections like, Displayport, Mini-Displayport, HDMI and USB. In some rooms we also use Crestrion with the control unit on the table to select sources, controlling additional projectors, monitors, lights etc. Hope that helps a bit. Christian
We gave that a try first. It does not work as advertised (at least not for us).