Surface Hub - Skipping to the end of Powerpoit presentations

Copper Contributor

Hi,

When using the present mode on PowerPoint, the Surface Hub skips through all of the slides on it's own very quickly and then ends of the presentation. It happens again when PowerPoint is restarted.

Has anyone experienced this? I am on the phone to Microsoft and going round in circles.

Thanks

Kim

8 Replies

Hi Kim

Sounds like someone has set up the slide transitions to advance the slides automatically after a short period of time.

Check in the Transitions tab in the PowerPoint and look at the Advance Slide section to see if it's set to After with a time added.

D

Thanks Daniel, I'll give that a go.

This is happening to us as well.  It's a very frustrating issue and isn't solved with another keyboard either.  Clicking through using the mouse seems to help though.

Hi Kasey

As per my reply to Kim, can you check the slide transitions on a PC for the PowerPoint file you're experiencing this with? You'll find it in Transitions > Advance Slide.

I've been unable to replicate any behaviour of the slides skipping to the end except in circumstances where users have set the slide transitions to move automatically. I've seen users accidentally set it to advance all slides automatically by anything from 1-3 seconds, and one person even set it to 0.01 seconds!

Thanks
Dan

It happens on any power point.  We have tested at least 4 different presentations prepared by different people.  It's definitely related to the keypresses on the keyboard being registered for too long or something similar.  Using the track pad on the surface keyboard to click through seems to reduce the chances of it occuring significantly.

We did also try another keyboard from another vendor and had the exact same issue, so it wasn't battery related or keyboard hardware failure.  We also tried multiple buttons on the keyboard, including space and the arrow keys.  All keys seemed to have this issue.

Did anyone ever find a solution to this. Running a 145 MB presentation, somewhat graphics heavy.

All transitions are set to None - using the supplied keyboard and arrows

Regards

Scott

@qmmtq 

Hi Scott,

We swapped out the keyboard to another wireless set. Haven't had the problem since.

Thanks

Kim

@Kim Bidolak 

Thanks Kim, yes we have tried that. I'm going to try and reduce the size of some of the images in the powerpoint and test

scott