Cannot to Hub from W10 PC's

Copper Contributor

Hiya,

I have a SurfaceBook and Surface Studio that I can share the display on the hub with.  Allowing input from the Hub enables some pretty neat group design activitiy.

However, I have two different W10 PC's that cannot connect.  I am using a Linksys WUSB 6300 wireless adapter (updated drivers).  One PC is a Dell i7-6700k with the built in Intel 530 display adapter (updated drivers).  The other PC is an HP with a Xeon E5-2637 with a GTX 1080 (updated drivers).  Both PC's exhibit the same behavior:  if I hit Win+K I see the dialog, and both see the Hub, but when I hit Connect it just hangs at "connecting", then "Couldn't Connect".  Then text appears below that says "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support Miracast".  

Running dxdiag and scanning through shows that Miracast is available via HDCP.

I was under the impression that if I had a wireless card and display adapter that supported Miracast everything should work?

3 Replies

I have seen several reports of the GTX 1080 Miracast problem so best to check with HP and Nvidia Support. Do the same with the Dell and Intel Support for the Intel 530. Both of those should support Miracast.

Troubleshooting Miracast connection to the Surface Hub
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/surfacehub/2017/01/30/troubleshooting-miracast-connection-to-the-su...

Thank you for the reply.  I tried all of those just now and nothing worked.

The page you linked was interesting - in particular the rsop snap in.  Unfortunately, no policies were listed for wireless - it was completely empty.

I am seriously tearing my hair out - this is stupidly frustrating.

Can you try both of those computers on other Miracast setups? Particularly the 1080 might be having a known issue however if one or both work on another display that helps to narrow down the issue.

The Microsoft Tech Community here is not really for "Break - Fix" type issues so it would be best to contact Hub Support and that of the computer and video device makers.