After log-in from welcome screen, I see my calendar and docs, but I can not open them

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

It works in the way:

• Sign-in starting from welcome screen – successful
  • When we want to open any doc/excel belonging to the user who successfuly signed-in, then Hub asks again for credentials and keep asking in the loop

System Model:              Surface Hub 84

OS Version:                10.0.15063 N/A Build 15063

Any idea how to resolve that ?

Thanks for your support

Regards

9 Replies
Hi Ireneusz

Never seen this before. Can you confirm a few things please?

- Is your company using Office 365? (I assume so as you're signing in and seeing documents)
- Have you installed the latest cumulative update for your Surface Hub? (You can check this in Settings > Update & Security > Update History
- Is your Surface Hub joined to Azure AD, on-prem AD, or using a local admin account?
- Are you trying to open the document from the start menu or within one of the Office apps?

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

- O365

- access to Admin settings via Group in Azure AD

- we are trying to open the document from the start menu - small windows which you see with calendar and files, once you logged in

- Hub installed last Friday 13/10Capture.GIF

Thanks

Irek

Hi,

This is what I got from MSFT support:

"

What you are describing is actually related to a bug that intermittently appears on some Surface Hubs. The development team has been working on it since early summer, and we have a tentative ETA of the second week of November for a fix.

One thing I did want to make you aware of is that since the ability for users to log in to access their files and meetings on the Surface Hub is completely optional, you can disable that feature on the Hub, which should help to alleviate end-user complaints in the meantime. You can do so by going into Settings -> Surface Hub -> Power & clean-up.

"

Regards

@Nydia Cavazos Any chance this can be added to the known issues page if MSFT Support are aware and have been working on it?

On that note, any chance any other known issues can be disclosed on that page? Would be good to know in advance if there are issues affecting the device.

Hi Daniel,

I understand why you would like to know more. However, keep in mind that issues impact devices under different circumstances that are not common across all users and highly depend on specific configuration scenarios. As specifically mentioned in the webpage, we publish a subset of issues based on criteria. We definitely evaluate adding more and will update that when appropriate. 

To get a look into what has been solved, please go to the Surface Hub update history webpage.

Thank you!

Nydia

Hi Nydia

No problem, thank you for addressing this :)

D

Seeing this behaviour on 2 of our 6 Hubs. Bit of a weird one as they're all set up identically. Fix incoming????

Seems that updates have changed the behaviour but the issue still remains.