Surface 3 use cases

Copper Contributor

I would love to learn the use cases for people using the Surface 3. We have a couple of them. I like mine a lot because of the built in LTE with the full Windows version of office, though I often find myself wishing I had a Surface Pro or Surface Book for the extra power.

My primary use is while I am riding the bus or train as it just doesn't have the power to keep up with my normal activities, but the LTE functionality is invaluable for letting me stay caught up on my work while I perform my exhausting commute to my office. When I am at home I am afraid it gets light use as an extra Netflix screen so I don't waste resources on my primary machines while I use heavier duty hardware for my tasks.

I recently bought the pen to try out with some things, but unfortunately haven't been able to find the time or focus on finding good uses for it. I have photoshop and one note which are both Pen Capable, but sadly I haven't really been using the Surface a lot since I got my pen as I have been working remotely a lot more lately.

It is beautiful hardware, so please share your use cases. I would like to find more things to do with it before Applications move to far ahead and it becomes a shelf piece.

1 Reply

I'm also using my Surface 3 on a daily base for over a year. The reason why I love it, is that I can charge it by USB and it is not needed to carry a proprietary charging device with me especially for my laptop. I can now use my micro-USB charging cable for my Laptop (Surface 3 with a full Windows on it) and for my mobile device (Windows Mobile). I can even charge both devices with my power bank on the go! :)