SOLVED

Project with Detached Screen?

Steel Contributor

I am trying to find a way to be able to detach the screen on my Surface book while still projecting to a screen.

I want to be able to walk around. Use the whiteboard feature, etc...

Is this possible?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Eric Adler (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hey Eric,

unfortunately, this is not possible. The screen unit of the SB is the complete computer, the base unit only contains the keyboard, extra battery, USB and Display Port and depending on the model a decent GPU. There is no wireless function in the base that would allow the base and the screen unit to communicate.

What you can do is presenting via Miracast with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter or a comparable (and more reasonably priced) device. That way your SB connects wirelessly to a projector or screen and you can walk freely around the room.

This is great news! I can use Miracast. Thank you for your help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eric Adler (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hey Eric,

unfortunately, this is not possible. The screen unit of the SB is the complete computer, the base unit only contains the keyboard, extra battery, USB and Display Port and depending on the model a decent GPU. There is no wireless function in the base that would allow the base and the screen unit to communicate.

What you can do is presenting via Miracast with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter or a comparable (and more reasonably priced) device. That way your SB connects wirelessly to a projector or screen and you can walk freely around the room.

View solution in original post