Surface dial and One Note

Copper Contributor

So I'm really disappointed that the surface dial doesn't have any one note integration. Even the zoom function doesn't work, and that's just one of the general presets. The dial being fully integrated with onenote makes perfect sense, and its ridiculous that it doesn't work.

3 Replies

@Paul_The_ninja Bump! This is an old post but I also want to bring attention to this. I would buy a surface dial in an INSTANT if they implemented the basic pen features of changing colors or pen size. If this was marketed towards artists and the such, one would think that changing pen color in their OWN SOFTWARE would be accommodated.

Thank you! It's still a major frustration to me. Software support for it in OneNote would make it into a daily use must have companion as a student and at work, and I honestly think it would make it a good competitor to most of the simple drawing apps, especially combined with ink playback it already has. As it is, it's kinda just sad and cold and a fun expensive thing to fidget with with most of what I do on the computer. Also, where is the office integration that would make it handy for any office worker?

@Paul_The_ninja 

Completely agree. I hope this will be addressed. Using it in OneNote was the main reason for me to buy the Surface Dial. Unfortunately, I did not do research beforehand, just expected it to be properly integrated. Obviously my fault, feel somewhat cheated nonetheless.

I cannot even simulate the desired behavior partialy via a customized radial menu because OneNote lacks all necessary hotkey functions for pen selection and modification. (Adding these might be the quickest sort of a fix for this.)