SOLVED

How to fit in a new surface cell phone

Copper Contributor

Any one who can help here great. I am currently working on drawings. I need help in development. I would like to see this project picked up by Microsoft. First a little background on who I am. My name is Russel Nelson I am an Industrial Designer who graduated from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn NY 1976. At that time I was working on one of the first laptop designs based upon a slab. Not to the present. 

I have come up with an idea about a month ago and have been working on a design using sketchup program. The design is focused on developing a cell phone that has a hinge, opens up and a basic module that can be upgraded and reused easily. I think this would cut down on electronic waste and make a device that we have come to accept more useful.

I am thinking that device can be connected to itself because it is modular, allowing for a continual increase in screen size. This would lend itself to being a laptop. The manner that allows this device to do this is that the screen is basically made up of modular components with each piece being able to turn into a computer depending upon computer attachment. The basic cell phone could turn into a various devices at any given time depending upon the need of the user.

I am working on a drawing presentation which will make this proposal even stronger. What I need is help in directing this idea to become a reality. Once it is created the usefulness will be so obvious many folks will adopt using this cell phone because of the simplicity and usefulness over a longer period of time.

Please Help Russel Nelson Industrial DesignerFirst rendering of modular cell phoneFirst rendering of modular cell phone

1 Reply
best response confirmed by russram_343 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@russram_343 

To add on to what I have posted so far Each person only needs one smart phone. Each smart phone is foldable and is able to open up because of a built in hinge. When the phones are opened they create one large screen with a small seem down the middle. The smart can also be used with just half the screen which would be the same as many current smart phones.

The phone has a computer module with a chip set that fits into the hand set on the left. This module is called module one, it is used for making calls, access to the internet and networking with another computer module called module 2. This module runs the monitor and allows module 1 to network with it.

Module 2 is set up for networking, and connecting into other monitor sets with module 2 chips to run their monitors. This allows the building of larger monitor units, some used for viewing, some used for laptops.  So one individual has the  ability to network with other sets of module 2. In effect a father could have his smartphone, and his children could be in the next room running off his smartphone and watching a movie on a monitor that is made up of module 2 units.  When technology comes along with a new computer module 1 upgrade only one chip needs to replaced.  The other module 2 chips work in network with module 1 chip and do not need to be upgraded.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by russram_343 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@russram_343 

To add on to what I have posted so far Each person only needs one smart phone. Each smart phone is foldable and is able to open up because of a built in hinge. When the phones are opened they create one large screen with a small seem down the middle. The smart can also be used with just half the screen which would be the same as many current smart phones.

The phone has a computer module with a chip set that fits into the hand set on the left. This module is called module one, it is used for making calls, access to the internet and networking with another computer module called module 2. This module runs the monitor and allows module 1 to network with it.

Module 2 is set up for networking, and connecting into other monitor sets with module 2 chips to run their monitors. This allows the building of larger monitor units, some used for viewing, some used for laptops.  So one individual has the  ability to network with other sets of module 2. In effect a father could have his smartphone, and his children could be in the next room running off his smartphone and watching a movie on a monitor that is made up of module 2 units.  When technology comes along with a new computer module 1 upgrade only one chip needs to replaced.  The other module 2 chips work in network with module 1 chip and do not need to be upgraded.

View solution in original post