Skype for Business asks me to log in every time it starts, even if I ask it to keep me signed in

Brass Contributor

When I start S4B, it asks me to sign in, and has a check box to say I should stay signed in. It then pops up a great big message box asking me if it should save my password, to which I say yes.

Next time I start S4B, it asks me to sign in again, asks me if it should store my password, etc.

This happens every time, and has been doing so for some time.

Is there a way to make it do what it promises, and keep me signed in? I'm the only person that has access to this PC, so I'm not worried about anyone else using it.

Thanks

8 Replies

Hi,

Make sure that you Skype for Business client is updated, there was an old problem with this in an old version.

Try to delete your profile as the next step.

Delete your sip profile folder: Skype for Business:

1. Exit skype for business, Close Skype for Business completely by right-clicking the skype for business icon in the Windows System Tray and selecting Exit. Also make sure that Outlook is closed.
  2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder that holds your profile.
    %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync
  3. Delete the sip_username directory that matches the sip address of the user experiencing the issues.  This directory will be rebuilt when client is restarted the next time.
  4. Restart the computer.

Try remove the credential to check if the issue persists:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Credential Manager.
  2. Select Windows Credential section click on your Skype for Business credential.
  3. Click Remove (you can remove all Skype for Business cache, and re-enter the credential).

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

How do I ensure I have the latest version? I don't see anywhere I can check. I keep Windows updated, so if it would come with Windows Updates, then I will have the latest. Here's what Help -> About shows...Skype4Business.png

I tried deleting the folder and restarting the machine, but S4B asked me to log in again.

As for the credentials, I don't have anything under Windows Credentials...Credentials.png

Any other ideas? Thanks again

Hi,

You should get the latest update win Windows Update or with Office update (open another office program like Outlook, select Files tab and then select Office Account there you should see Office Updates).

Does all your users have this problem or is it only you? Can you try on another computer?

I just checked with this list, which doesn't show my version, but I tried downloading the latest (16.0.4771.1000), but it told me I already had that version, so I guess I have the latest.

As for other users, I'm working from a home office, so there aren't any other S4B users here.

Thanks again, any other ideas?

Just realised that I am using Skype For Business Basic, which is why my version didn't match any of those in the list you linked. When I found the correct download list, it showed me that I did have the latest version.

However, just to be sure, I uninstalled, reinstalled the latest again and restarted my machine. I have just restarted again (due to Windows updates), and it asked me for my password again.

So, looks like we haven't found the problem. Thanks again for the help, any other suggestions?
Did you also tried this wit another user on the same pc?

@Erwin Bierens No, I work in my own office. Most of my co-workers aren't local, so no opportunity for them to come here.