Urgent assist needed!!: AA port request service numbers coming over as user numbers

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I put in port requests for our corporate AA and for the AA of a company we recently required.  The numbers were supposed to be service numbers so I could map them to our AA, but instead they show us user numbers and so I haven't been able to map them.

I opened a support request imediately and heard back from support on the 13th and they said they would get it straightened out.  Today they reached out and said they have received no update and I may want to delay my port request until we hear back from the engineers.

When I went to change the port schedule, I now see a message saying "Your numbers will be transferred in the next 24 hours. This order can no longer be cancelled or changed."

Please help!

5 Replies

Let the numbers port over and then support can change them to service numbers.

Is that a fairly quick thing? I'm hoping to not be down for the day or for the weekend. Would be much nicer if they were service numbers before the port finished so I can assign them in advance.

That would be a question for Support.

Well it's been a week since I made MS aware of this issue and haven't even received so much as a decent response to the ticket. Essentially, they took some notes about my issue on Monday and have provided no support or updates since that time.

My port completed this morning so we're system down at this point.

So I emailed the skype support team directly and they have rallied for me and I think we're close to resolution now.

I think the key lesson learned here is that the Port Wizard in the skype interface has no concept of a Service number.  As such, if anyone reads this thread, my suggestion would be to run your port through Support by opening a ticket and using the following LOA

Letter of Authorization (LOA) for the U.S. (Subscriber and Service numbers) (v.2.0).pdf

After the fact I saw this somewhere else on this community too about filling this LOA out and opening a support ticket after the fact but I think if you were able to do this prior to your port, the numbers would come over correctly in the first place.