Skype for Business AA Preview Very Limited in Functionality

Copper Contributor

We currently are testing the SfB AA Preview online.  The AA is extremely limited in what it can do (basically it answers the call with a message and allows for address book lookup/transfer).  I have the following issues:

• We have on-prem and cloud users with E5 licenses, but the AA can't transfer a call to on-premise users
  • There is no menu feature to have callers press 1 for accounting, 2 for sales, etc
  • Can't control what address books to look up users in (we have an address book in Exchange on-prem UM that is used to excludes the C-Level executives)
  • The ability to use Office 365 UM instead so all features are unlocked
  • The ability to assign multiple DIDs to a single AA (we have multiple main numbers with the same AA)
  • Voice Commands to look up users via voice instead of dialing their name
  • Hours of operation to transfer the call to an external party outside of normal business hours

Thanks.

Gus

6 Replies
One other thing is the ability to lookup a user by first name instead of last name.

Hello Gus!

let me start off with thanking you for your very direct feedback :)

You are absolutely right, we have a limited set of features currently in preview and we are actively looking for comments and feedback to improve the feature and find out where we need to focus our attention for new features.

The good news is that some of the points you are raising are actively on our radar and we hope to post an update on that soon. as long as you stick with Preview you'll see these new features light up!

have you also provided your feedback via www.skypepreview.com ? that is our main collection point for feedback on preview and will make sure your feedback is actively used in our planning

thank you!

I don't know if its just a change they made recently or because of our displayName being "First Last", but our voice lookup and dial name both find people by first name
Hi Kit!
yes, absolutely! we just pushed out the change and you can even do partial searches now!
the training has also been updated to reflect all the changes, check it out at Skype Academy!

Is there or will there be a way to assign an extension to a user?