SOLVED

PSTN Calling: New preview countries

MVP

Great news, PSTN Calling for Germany and Belgium has been added to skypepreview.com today.

I don't see the Netherlands and Ireland anymore, does this mean they are going public?

Happy weekend!

27 Replies
best response confirmed by Erwin Bierens (MVP)
Solution

Hi Erwin! Yes, The Netherlands and Ireland preview programs are now closed as we prepare for General Availability. 

Hi Sara,

any news about the release date for the Netherlands?

Is there a way MS partners can access this earlier?

Regards,

Quinten

Expected July 1..

Hi Sara any timetable for other countrys ? we would love to have it in Sweden..

BR

Daniel

Hi,

if we configure SfB Cloud PBX with PSTN Calling Plan telephone numbers in the preview phase even for our companies in US and FR, is it guaranteed that we do not loose this telephone numbers after the preview phase for PSTN Calling in Germany is ended and we still can use them? As far as I can see the needed licence „Skype for Business PSTN Domestic and International Calling“ is automatically ending at 07th of December this year. Is it possible to extend this in any way?

Unfortunately I don't get any reaction to my skypepreview issue regarding to this, even no reaction on my email to skypeexp@microsoft.com :(

Thanks!

I recommend to use the service request system in your office365 portal. They respond a lot faster.

Hi Timo, apologies on the delay! 

In order to keep the numbers you acquire during the preview phase using the promo codes, you will need to purchase licenses to continue using the service and keep any numbers. Promo codes have a finite lifespan, so once they expire, you will need to purchase licenses to replace the promo code. If you do not purchase the licenses, then eventually the service is disrupted and the numbers will be released.

Hi Daniel,

No, unofrtunately we do not have a timeline for future countries that we are able to share at this time. 

Hi Sara,

sure I need to buy licenses, in this case I think I need to buy "Skype for Business PSTN Domestic and International Calling" licences. But in Germany with a German tenant we still cannot buy them, even if we just want to use them for not-german telephone numbers, for french or spanish numbers for example.

So when can I buy these licenses? Will this be possible before the Preview licenses expires?

Thanks,

Timo

Any hints to this? I tried to clarify this with the standard O365 MS support, but they said they are not responsible for the preview program, I have to ask the Skypepreview guys. Unfortunately they do not respond to my open issue.
It's depending on so many legal rights.. Technical it's not an issue to deliver PSTN.
Keep your eyes on skypepreview site :)
Can someone state when PSTN Calling for Austria will be available under Preview/GA?

Excellent.  Any idea when PSTN calling for Germany will be in GA?

Hi Sara,

Can you confimr the preview for BE is closed as well and preparation for GA is ongoing. Any idea which month it will be GA ?

Wim

Any update on Canada PSTN Calling Plans?

Hi Timo,

To start with PSTN Calling you will first need to have the Phone System license (formerly Cloud PBX). If you have E5 this is automaticly included. Then you should see the Calling Plans, domestic and international. 

If you have E1 or E3 you will need to buy the Phone System license before you can buy the Calling Plans. 

Is your tenant hosted in Germany or in European Datacenters by Microsoft?

Hi Wim, 

Yes, I can confirm that the Belgium preview program is also now closed as we prepare for GA. I unfortunatley an unable to confirm the time frame for GA, but it should be soon.

Thanks!

Sara

Hi Scott,

We do not yet have a confirmed time frame for the start of the Canada Preview Program, I have heard we will be announcing the date soon, so please stay tunned.

Thanks!
Sara

Hi Erwin,

we are already using CloudPBX in our hybrid SfB infrastructure. Therefore we do have E3 licenses and in addition Cloud PBX licenses, too. 

But I still cannot find any additional licence for domestic and international calling plans in O365 portal. My tenatn is hostend in EU datacenter, not in Germany.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Erwin Bierens (MVP)
Solution

Hi Erwin! Yes, The Netherlands and Ireland preview programs are now closed as we prepare for General Availability. 

View solution in original post