Call Queues Preserving CallerID

Copper Contributor

I am sure this is on the roadmap, but we're testing call queues and the callerID that an agent receives in a long GUID string rather than the original callerID.

88 Replies

Ahem,

Soon has been and gone Mohamad.

We really need some feedback - getting +1 cross at skype every phone call I pickup.  (+2 when its someone I  don't want to speak to).    

It's been a YEAR of +1/2's with no feedback.  

Add the amount of team wastage picking up a call, talking through with customer and handing back to the appropriate person.  This is costing us.

We deserve better and frankly its only that I'm such a nice guy I haven't come a knocking with pitch forks - I'm sure I can get a group togethor at this stage.

Can you please spend time Monday finding out some up to date information for us, be honest about whats happening, what technical roadblocks are in the way, etc. 

Not knowing is the killer.  Makes me feel a little unloved and definetely regretting the decision to move on to your platform.

Rant over ... I'm off to put my chill music playlist on via groove.

Mohamad, seriously - are still working on skype for business online especially on the call queues features, or should we just change to another active service like pstn calling from telekom?

You told us 8 months ago this feature is fixed.

We cannot work without any feature which allows us to let ring multiple phones for the service number and without seeing the caller id (even no caller id would be better than this stupid hashs / guids). Team calling, which is setup from the SFB client, is also no solution for this.

Please provide us at least some new infos about that. thank you.

A private message from Carlos Farrica:

"Right now the only information avalilable is that it was anticipate until the end of civil year but   dont have any precision on time.

Now i am trying to have it on RoadMap."

We'll see what comes of it.

Dare I say this has just been fixed!? We have been pushing this hard with MS the last couple of days and just tested it successfully!

Yup seem to finally been fixed ...finally

Earlier today, we started seeing the Caller ID on all incoming queue calls.  Unfortunately, the name of the queue no longer displays.  The long GUID number is still displaying.  For our company, employees are assigned to multiple call queues, and we need to see which queue the call is being routed from.  The ideal solution would be to show the Caller ID as it does as of this morning, and to replace the GUID number with the name of the queue.

WOW - I'm getting the caller id correctly too.  (with long queue name but we cannot have everything!).

Happy Wednesday 1st November 2017 everyone.

Long queue guid was also solved if you follow the procedure here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Announcing-new-capabilities-in-Auto-A...

does this work for you in an sfb online only enviroment?

Breathes sigh of relief Now I can let my superiors know that that it's worth keeping this.

Yes. My clients' toasts are all showing properly. Like everything managed over these servers give it about 1-2 hours before everything falls into place.
so you did only edit and save the call queues or any additional steps? i can see the new generated and disabled endpoint accounts, but i still get the guids.
That's all I did. For the first hour it was still showing the GUID then it displayed the queue name after that.
finally works for me too, also the guid is still displayed for 1-2 seconds after it is replaced with the queue name :)

We don't seem to be able to get the queue name to appear.

ITs good that we now get the caller number but under it we still have the GUID.

In the SfB Adim centre the queue names have an active directory error against them. 

I have edited them and saved them but the AD error is still there!!

Any ideas??

Regards

James Lupton

which "active directory error" appears?

Snap7.jpg

WE do not have an on-premises system just the online version!!

Snap7.jpgWE do not have an on-premises system just the online version. So not sure where we should powershell from or too!!

Call support or try recreating it from scratch.

in the admin interface -> user overview, do you see a ne generated user with the queue name and the hg_XXX@yourdomain.com email? try to edit and save the queue, and see if the user is generated. if not, try to delete and recreate the queue.