SOLVED

AA Transfer to Outside Line

Copper Contributor

We utilize a third party answering service. I am trying to setup an AA so it will transfer calls to that number that is outside of our orginazation. Is this possible in SFB/O365? From what I can tell any calling/ringing/transfering must remain in-orginazation. 

Thoughts?

3 Replies

Hi Sean, That is Correct, AT the Moment Call Transfer from Org AA or Call Queues is Limited to Internal Org Users only.

best response confirmed by Sean O'Gorman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

[Updated with better approach, 2-21-17]

I use a great virtual receptionist service called Money Penny. However, as stated above, currently OrgAA does not allow you to configure an outside line as the Operator, it must be a user, Call Queue or another OrgAA.

So, here is my solution:

Create a user named "Receptionist” and assign these licenses:

Skype for Business PSTN Domestic and International Calling

Skype for Business Online (Plan 2)

Skype for Business Cloud PBX

Next log into the SfB PC app as this user and configure it so that any unanswered calls to go to the phone number of the Money Penny answering service.

You can set this in the Call Forwarding section, accessible via the Tools menu. You can set it to call forward or simultaneous ring to the outside answering service number. But if you want to have more of a chance of picking up the call before it goes to the answering service using the SfB app or a SIP phone, configure the lower section that say says “Unanswered calls will go to…” by clicking on the default hyperlink “Voice Mail.” In the popup window, it allows you to send calls to a new number or contact instead. Enter the answering service number there. Keep the time to 5 seconds, unless you want to have more of a chance of picking up the call before it goes to the answering service.

Now you can then set this user, Receptionist, as the Operator in your OrgAA. And when callers ring in, they can dial zero or say Operator, and the call will transfer to the outside answering service.

This user cost extra dollars per month, which seems like a waste. So, Microsoft should eventually allow the OrgAA Operator ring an outside line, just like they let SfB do for individual users.

I would like to have the ability to transfer to an outside number. Is this feature on the roadmap and is it something that I can put a vote toward.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sean O'Gorman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

[Updated with better approach, 2-21-17]

I use a great virtual receptionist service called Money Penny. However, as stated above, currently OrgAA does not allow you to configure an outside line as the Operator, it must be a user, Call Queue or another OrgAA.

So, here is my solution:

Create a user named "Receptionist” and assign these licenses:

Skype for Business PSTN Domestic and International Calling

Skype for Business Online (Plan 2)

Skype for Business Cloud PBX

Next log into the SfB PC app as this user and configure it so that any unanswered calls to go to the phone number of the Money Penny answering service.

You can set this in the Call Forwarding section, accessible via the Tools menu. You can set it to call forward or simultaneous ring to the outside answering service number. But if you want to have more of a chance of picking up the call before it goes to the answering service using the SfB app or a SIP phone, configure the lower section that say says “Unanswered calls will go to…” by clicking on the default hyperlink “Voice Mail.” In the popup window, it allows you to send calls to a new number or contact instead. Enter the answering service number there. Keep the time to 5 seconds, unless you want to have more of a chance of picking up the call before it goes to the answering service.

Now you can then set this user, Receptionist, as the Operator in your OrgAA. And when callers ring in, they can dial zero or say Operator, and the call will transfer to the outside answering service.

This user cost extra dollars per month, which seems like a waste. So, Microsoft should eventually allow the OrgAA Operator ring an outside line, just like they let SfB do for individual users.

View solution in original post