cannot send files through Skype for business on Mac

Copper Contributor

There is no way of sending an attachment/file through Skype for business on mac. 

Mac OS (10.11.6). 

Please help. 

41 Replies

Microsoft conciders that this feature is less important than group management as this feature was added in the last build... This is one of the most important feature for an IM software. I'm pretty sure that the SfB team at Microsoft don't use this software :) 

Hope to see this soon in a future release. 

And of course, it would be so great that messages gets delivered with reliability but this is just a dream...

Thanks Vincent! SfB team at Microsoft need to understand the importance of user experience, accessibility and convenience. They should reinstate this feature of exchanging files via SfB without going to emails back and forth. Hope they will work on this soon. 

SfB team at Microsoft need to understand the importance of user experience, accessibility and convenience. They should reinstate this feature of exchanging files via SfB without going to emails back and forth. Hope they will work on this soon. 

This feature alone is a huge factor in our organization holding back on implementing SfB for Mac.

I was shocked to find out today that you can't send attachments through Mac's Skype for business client. How does this not top the list of features? Having a mixed environment, it's these kinds of overlooked major featues that are making my mac users clamor to get rid of O365. 

Problematic not to have file / attachment capability. Trying to get users to stay within the 365 environment is difficult when other platforms have such basic features.

A typical Microsoft laidback attitude that reflects in its products

Thank you all for the feedback.  We absolutely do want to add file transfer to our client and are working on this.  At this point, I don't have a timeline to share yet, but please to stay tuned.

Thanks!

Miru

Thanks Mirunan!

Any update on this? I'm trying to get people to adopt and this is a huge barrier for us. I'm astounded this is not a feature.

we have a simillar problem (organization with ~60000 people )

inability to send pictures - share documents - send files , directly from within skype is just riddiculous!

right now we started looking into Slack, or maybe even switching to google services...

When you take a look at
There is a category "in development" and you might see this:

Skype for Business on Mac April Update
April Update for the Skype for Business on Mac client including P2P File Transfers.

Greets
Jörg

You can use Microsoft Teams included in the Office 365 suite. It is a Slack clone.

The functionality was already planned to be released in late 2016. I don't bielive in this anymore...

This. Is. A. Joke. Useless piece of crap software.

I'm tired of waiting for basic features.

We are going to Slack to replace Skype for Business.

Sending messages by Skype 4B isn't the greatest experience, Teams is clearly the future of a chat based workspace, and with the latest updates is equal if not better than Slack. It has equal capability on mac and pc.

Skype4B is for calls and meetings.

The main problem is, not everyone is able to use cloudbased services, and therefore they expect the basic features in the normal On-Prem SfB Client. I still would prefer the Teams Client but it is still cloud-only..

Greets

Jörg

Think you are right. I think they are pushing this to be a cloud based PBX system. Sucks though because Skype user adoption is through the roof compared to Teams, Yammer, etc. Facebook Work Chat is in its infancy and it's loaded with functionality.

Hi Microsoft

Any news on this? Seems really poor that this feature has been dropped!! I work in IT and rely on being able to send colleagues screenshots through SFB on my Mac. Is this going to be addressed? If so when? As you can see others rely on this feature too. Why is it that this app does not perfom as the Windows version does? I am even having trouble with trying to sign in with a Lync phone using the new SFB - its rubbish. If you actually realise, not everyone is a Windows user!!! Please look at rolling out something that works the same as the Windows version and soon.

Thanks

Maria