Volume reduced to 10% on every call

Brass Contributor

It seems like the bug that was muting my headset automatically on every call is gone but now every time a call connects my headset volume is reduced to 10%.  This has been going on for months now and is incredibly annoying.  I'm on version 16.13.184 with a plantronics 700 series headset.  The volume on the headset is reduced to 10% even if the primary audio device on my Mac is set to something else in which case I have to switch the primary audio device to the headset in order to be able to bring the volume back up to an audible level.  No other application on my Mac does this, just Skype for Business.  This happens on new calls connecting as well as when any new participant is brought into an existing Skype call.

Microsoft please fix this.  To go from automatically muting to now automatically bring the volume down to nearly inaudible on a communications package is completely unacceptable.

1 Reply

Using a Jabra Pro 830 headset and I also see that the input level of the microphone goes down. In the beginning I did not get it why it seemed when I started to talk like no-one knew I was talking even although I was not muted. This happened then when someone else would just start talking as well.

Then figured out it was my input level on the microphone. Adjust it back up and suddenly people knew. :) But then it started to happen again.

Well, I watched the input level while in a meeting and talking and noticed it adjusting itself and going down. I think the problem here is that when the call is done, and then a new call is started it starts off with that "new, lower" level as the one to go for. And then brings it down again.

Not sure when this issue was introduced as I do not recall having it in the past.