Skype for Business add-in for Outlook 2016

Copper Contributor

My Mac users have said they are unable to schedule meetings since going to Skype for Business on the Mac. Is there an Outlook add-in like on the PC to have the "Skype Meeting" button? How are Mac users supposed to schedule meetings? 

5 Replies

This was exactly what I'm looking for, thanks again.

Make sure they are scheduling a meeting and not an appointment. We have had several users confused by that. If you click on appointment, the online meeting options are not there. You can click "invite" from within an appointment and the online meeting button will appear (as you are now do a "meeting"). Also make sure you update Outlook along with SfB and fully uninstall Lync if you were using it. We've seen issue where Lync was still present and it interferes with scheduling.

Hi somehow in my skype I do not have the online meeting option. even when I click on meeting I do not see The online meeting option. Please advise.

The Outlook/Skype for Business integration requirements and troubleshooting are described in the Known Issues documentation. If you meet these requirements for Skype for Business and Outlook integration on Mac, then try the troubleshooting steps in the documentation:

• Mac Outlook version 15.28 or later is required.

• Skype for Business must be running.

• Same user account needs to be signed into Outlook and Skype for Business.

Phil.