Skype for Business Mac and QoS

Copper Contributor

At Ignite the question came up about QoS support for the Skype for Business Mac client. I believe the presenter said that DSCP bit marking was not supported due to Mac driver issues and that QoS would have to be handled via port mapping or something. I asked if someone on the SfB team could publish a white paper explaining the recommendation or best practice for configuring QoS to ensure high quality voice and video on the Skype for Business Mac client. Since SfB is our only global phone system, this is critical for us. There is extensive documentation on how to do this on the server side and with Windows clients, but I can't find anything related to the new SfB Mac client. Is there such a document published somewhere? If not, can someone at Microsoft commit to publishing one? And if that's going to take a long time can you at least publish something summarizing the recommendations here? Thanks.

1 Reply
Great question, this is also something we'd really like to see some documentation on. Poor quality calls with clients is leading us to look at shadow IT solutions to get a reliable Voip call system.

It s shame that no-one has replied to your question above.