Skype for Business Mac Client: User Profile

Copper Contributor

In the 'Features Added' section of the March 2017 update for the SfB Mac client, it is mentioned that "Admins can set the email and username with user profiles." Is it documented anywhere what specific domain, keys, and values are needed to make that happen?

I do not see it listed on the SKype for Business on Mac FAQ page (where I think would be logical choice) as it does have a few lines specifically for admins, including another bullet point specifically for user profiles, at the bottom.

So I know how to make the user profile, I just need the specific domain (I would assume it is com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness as it is in FAQ above), and the key, type, and value.

Does anyone happen to know that info?

6 Replies

Thanks, Edwin, but that would be a negative. I just watched the video on Skype Academy and it did not mention the anything user profile-related,  including the info to populate the email address and user name fields.

If you've seen it, can you let me know where it was?

Many thanks.

@Paul Cannon Hey Paul you asked me to tag you in a post about the configuration profiles to set up skype for business. This post is essentially the same as I'm asking.

Would also be awesome to get a new SfB rep in the #skype channel on the Mac Admins slack group ;)

Thanks,

Daniel

100% agree with both of those requests. Thanks, Daniel. A Skype rep in Slack would be awesome too. There was someone but he's moved onto the iOS SfB side so the MS representation has been lacking there.

Thanks!

Hi Ben,

We are working on updating our published documentation.  In the meantime, here is the information for the values that were added with the March release.

The Skype for Business Mac preferences are stored in ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness/Data/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.plist

Key

Type

Value

Description

sipAddress

String

The SIP address (Email) used to sign-in to Skype for Business

userName

String

The UPN (UserName) used to sign-in to Skype for Business

Thanks,

Chermaine

Thank you, Chermaine!! The "sipAddress" key was exactly what we needed.

Thanks again and we look forward to the updated documentation!