Persistent chat feature in SfBMac client

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is there any plans adding this feature to mac client? Would be very much appreciated!

4 Replies

So my organization utilizes the persistent chat feature a lot to facilitate quick, interteam communications without using email. Those of us with Mac's are left out of the loop. This certainly needs to be addressed, and not by "well, it's just not coming." That does not seem very productive.

I know the other discussion was referenced and I did not read through that discussion, but I believe persistent chat will eventually go away in Skype. That's what I heard at a Skype user conference last fall. With the introduction of Teams, persistent chat will eventually go away.

Again, this is likely in the other discussion, but this is what I heard about persistent chat. We tried persistent chat and did not care for it. We have also been testing out Teams and so far no issues.

John

zero percent chance they do this.

You have 2 workarounds.

1. Convince someone to turn off pchat in your environment, forcing your team to use MS teams (which you can use for Mac)

2. Load Parallels or Fusion on your Mac and run the SFB 2016 win client in side by side mode. pchat restored.