New Skype for Business Mac Insider build available (16.14.139)

Microsoft

Check out the latest Preview Fast update!

Features added

• Single window experience for chats  All users now have the option to see chats in a single, tabbed window even if your organization has disabled automatic archiving of IM messages and server-side conversation history.

• Choose the size to view shared content Choose the size that someone's shared screen is displayed in your meeting or call by selecting Fit Content to Window or View Content Actual Size from More Options ().

• Accept chats even when you're away from your computer  When your organization has disabled server-side conversation history, Skype for Business on Mac will automatically accept IM conversations no matter how long you have been away from your computer so that you can see the messages when you return.

• Offline indicator on the Dock icon  Skype for Business on Mac will display a warning indicator on the app icon in the Dock when the app is signed out or not able to reach the Skype for Business server so users can easily tell when they are offline.

• Join meetings faster and more reliably  When you click Join, connect to your meetings significantly faster and with fewer failures.

• Display customized meeting information in Outlook When scheduling an online meeting, Outlook will display text, links, and images in the calendar item if your organization specifies them. (Requires Outlook version 16.9.1215 or later.)

Improvements

• Fixed an issue that could reconnect a call after a network drop without showing that you were back in the call.

• Fixed an issue that showed an error saying a chat message was not delivered when it actually was.

• Fixed an issue that prevented showing notifications for new messages when switching away from the Chats tab.

• Fixed an issue that prevented the app from automatically signing in after the computer was restarted.

• Added support for signing in with HTTP Basic Authentication.

14 Replies
Just wanted to let you know that this update is not showing up yet, just checked. Not sure if something went wrong with making it available or not.

Thank you.  We're looking into it.  Sometimes there is a delay as the build moves through the pipeline to be available.

Thanks, just did another check and it was there now.
Great! We saw that some people were getting it while others (like yourself) weren't, so it seems like the update pipeline had it staged. It should be fully available to everyone within a few days.
  • Single window experience for chats  All users now have the option to see chats in a single, tabbed window even if your organization has disabled automatic archiving of IM messages and server-side conversation history.

What does this mean exactly?? I already have "Show Conversations in separate windows" unchecked, but after the update I am still getting replies to ongoing conversations showing up in new windows (separate conversations).

I can't see anything to switch

• Fixed an issue that showed an error saying a chat message was not delivered when it actually was.

Really!!! Well maybe an issue was fixed but I got it less than 2 hours after update

very frustrating, this product should be binned it is utterly useless, I spend more time texting people to see if they got the message than actually using it, and I know I am not alone

Hi, Jon:

For the single-window mode change - Prior to this change, users in an organization that disabled IM auto-archiving only had multi-window mode for the app.  This is equivalent to setting the 'Show conversations in separate windows' checkbox in General page of Preferences, which causes chats to open a new top-level window instead of appearing in a pane of the main window.  If your organization doesn't disable IM auto-archiving, then you have the single-window mode as your default.  This is unrelated to the issue of having chats with one contact appear multiple times in the chats list.  You'll see a fix for that issue in the next Insider build.

For errors saying chats were not delivered -- we fixed a bug that affected some users, but there could be other bugs.  If this is still happening for you, we definitely want to look into it.  Please click Help\Report an Issue when you see an incorrect error message in IM.

Thanks,

Phil.

I'll say this - just updated to 16.14 and it won't connect me right out of the box. Only spinning the wheel and nothing happens.

We have not had reports of Sign-In issues with this build. From the Sign-In screen, please click Delete Sign-In Info, reenter your credentials and try again. If you still can't sign in, work with your helpdesk to see if they can resolve the issue.

Thanks for responding. It did finally work after I deleted S4B from Applications folder and installed it again from scratch.

On another note, I'm sure that many other folks will support me, - addressing the well known erratic multiple chats with the same party would be highly welcomed

I'm glad it's working! We are working on the split conversation problem.

Phil.

Thanks guys! Truly appreciate your hard work!

You are going to be rock stars when this change will see the world!

Hi Phillip,

Do you have a final date to the "multiple chat window" issue is solved?

Your information will be very appreciated because this issue is making our users leave S4B.

Thank you