Mac user having issues joining Skype meetings

Copper Contributor

I have a few Mac users that have issues joining a Skype meeting from the client. It appears if they click "Join" or the hyperlink in the email it fails to join them into the meeting. It keeps ringing on the computer but never actually hops into the meeting. 

Another thing I noticed is if they click the hyperlink they get a Certificate not trusted error. The computers are NOT domain joined, but they do have the Root CA Cert installed. Thoughts? 

5 Replies

I am also having similar issue as well, users can login to Skype but when they try to join a meeting the call window just continually rings trying to connect. All other aspects of Skyp work, i.e. Chats, Video, Calling, etc. just not connecting to meetings.

Did it work before? Can you two check if you guys are using the same version number? 

I am having the same issue. I am using Skype for Business version 16.12.77. We had users on a Windows machine able to connect to the call using the Skype for Business Application, but multiple users on Mac OS with this version. The Mac users just show 1 user in the conference and would just get ring no answer when trying to connect. 

What happens if the mac users are added to the meeting by someone thats already there.

Here are several questions to narrow down the scenario:

• Are you trying to join a meeting in your own organization or outside? 
  • If outside, is it an organization that is federated with your organization?
  • How are you joining the meeting?  Are you clicking a join link in Outlook or elsewhere, or are you trying to join from the Meetings tab inside the app?
  • Is the organization hosting the meeting using Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business 2015 or Lync Server 2013?

We have known issues with joining meetings hosted by a nonfederated organization when starting from a join link in Outlook.  If this is the scenario, then joining from the Meetings tab should work. If you continue to see failures and are using an Insider build, please report the issue by clicking Help/Report an Issue.

Phil.