SOLVED

HELP - SfB on Mac using a Windows Terminal Server Environment - No sound...

Copper Contributor

Hello Experts,

in our office I am using a Mac and all other users are working with Windows systems. Our CRM is (unfortunately) running on a Windows Terminal Server thus making it necessary to work "in a Windows environment". Our Microsoft package is OFFICE on premise, not 365.

Unfortunately the software "Microsoft Remote Desktop" (at least with me) cannot make use of the audio function thus making it impossible to make telephone calls with the SfB in the terminal server environment. 

How can I fix this problem? Is this a general problem or a local (individual = my ) problem?

Can somebody please enlighten me whether I am doing someting wrong or whether MS's own product cannot "forward the audio port"???

My IT knows of nothing, our implementation partner only covers & understands Microsoft systems, Apple Customer Care says: we don't service Microsoft products - this is a MAJOR JOKE.

Please - HELP NEEDED, DESPERATELY!!!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Constantin von Rundstedt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

With this setup this won't work, a combination of Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp and the HDX RealTime Media Engine for Microsoft Skype® for Business is at the moment the only working solution. VMware has working solution announced https://blogs.vmware.com/euc/2017/05/horizon-virtualization-pack-skype-business-ga.html

Greets

Jörg

Hi, thanks for providing a very useful (or so it seems) answer.

Is this something I can do myself or do I need to work with my IT department on this?

On my laptop I have admin rights and can install and uninstall software myself.

Regards!

Hi, 

sorry for my late response, i was a few days on holyday. Your IT-Department has to do this, they must completly change the solution from Windows Terminal Services to Citrix.

Greets

Jörg

Well thanks but that's NOT going to happen
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Constantin von Rundstedt (Copper Contributor)
Solution

With this setup this won't work, a combination of Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp and the HDX RealTime Media Engine for Microsoft Skype® for Business is at the moment the only working solution. VMware has working solution announced https://blogs.vmware.com/euc/2017/05/horizon-virtualization-pack-skype-business-ga.html

Greets

Jörg

View solution in original post