users with valid E3/E5 license cannot sign in into SfB Online

Brass Contributor

Let me start by saying that all the users with the issue have a custom domain and are sync to o365 over AADC. The users have a valid e3/e5 licenses and they can sing in to Exchange, Teams etc. But they don't appear in SfB Online admin portal and clicking on "Edit  Skype for Business Properties" link in those users profile shows an empty page. The custom domain doesn't show any error. Any idea what else I should check before get MS support involved?

Thanks

Plamen  

3 Replies

This is likely to do with conflicting user attributes being sync'd to Azure (Office 365).

Have you by any change had an on-premises Lync or Skype for Business deployment?

I've come across this problem numerous times, and it's always been because the 'msRTCSIP-DeploymentLocator' attribute is already populated for the user. As a result, the user cannot be correctly provisioned for Skype for Business Online and never appears in the Online control panel.

Please check all the msRTCSIP-* attributes for your problem users - base on your other services working without issue, I'm fairly confident this will be the cause of your problem.

Kind regards
Ben

@Ben

Yes we have an on prem SfB deployment in the forest to which the user belong but those users haven't been provisioned for SfB. Nevertheless I will check all msRTCSIP attributes. Thanks for the advice. 

Using the Skype for Business Online PowerShell module you can run:

Get-csonlineuser |  ft interpretedusertype, displayname

Depending on the value of the interpretedusertype, this should tell you what the users' status is to consume SFBO.