line URI short numbers on Cloud PBX with ON-Prem PSTN connectivity

Copper Contributor

I am planning to migrate an On-Prem Lync 2013 standard edition + edge to skype online, The On-prem environment has a Mitel PBX for PSTN connectivity and no plan remove it at this point. So we decided to migrate to skype online and use cloud PBX with On-Prem PSTN connectivity. Upon reviewing the deployment steps I found that before moving the user to skype online you must enable enterprise voice and assign a number to the user (Line URI), that number has to be in E164 format ? for example : tel:+13343345456;ext:5456, but right now, On the Lync On-Prem environment, the format our line URI is set up for all users looks like this tel:+84545;ext:4545. Will that work ? or Cloud PBX only supports E164 format ?

Do we have to change our line URIs' for all of the users to match E164 ?

2 Replies

It will work, the engine will send the call to on premises GW and let it to handle further routing, you only need to create a corrsponding Voice Routingg policy with pattern match you numbers on premises. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt455218.aspx

I have a question what the reason of having number in a "short" format?

ok sounds great ... I will test it with the pilot users. Reason they have a short format is the way their PBX is configured.