Skype for Business Online hiding accounts from address book

Deleted
Not applicable

I have a couple of accounts that I don't want to be seen in the SfB client address book, is there a way to hide these accounts?

Thanks

5 Replies

You could try to set the attributes in your on-premises Active Directory and sync to Online for the account to hide from the addressbook:

• msExchHideFromAddressLists to $true
  • Clear ShowinAddressBook

http://drlync.blogspot.ca/2016/06/easily-hide-users-from-address-book-in.html 

Thanks for the reply. The account is using a Skype for Business Online license only, so doesn't have a mailbox. I checked the AD attributes and it's already cleared. Not sure where to check as it looks like the attribute is online. 

What kind of object do you have for this user? If it's a mail user you can set it via Set-MailUser -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled (for cloud-created object) or you can create a custom rule in AAD Connect in order to sync the corresponding attribute (Exchange attributes are only synced for objects with alias/mailnickname populated).

I have a similar issue - I have a Office 365 global admin account that shows in Skype4B address book, it doesn't have any licneses (not a skype user, has no mailbox). I want this account hidden.

My apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but has anyone found an answer for this?  I need to hide O365 groups from Skype for Business searches.  We have already hidden O365 groups from our GAL, and they don't show up in our onpremise Skype users' searches (we're hybrid SFB, currently migrating to SFB onine), however users that are migrated show all the O365 groups in thier Skype searches.