Skype Trusted Api throwing 500 internal server error...

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am working on a chat application for which I am using Skype Trusted API. I followed the steps outlined here "https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/trusted-application-api/docs/anonymousmeetingjoin". I am running into an issue with the trusted API and I need help. I am using Java 1.8, spring-boot for development. Please find below the steps:

1. I am able to get a valid oauth token using "https://login.windows.net/{tenantId}/oauth2/token" URL. I am passing valid client_id, client_secret, and resource params.
2. Using the oauth token from step 1 above, I do a GET on "https://api.skypeforbusiness.com/platformService/v1/applications?endpointid={endpointid}" URL to get service:application uri
3. Then using the oauth token from step 1 above and service:application uri from step 2 above, I do a GET on "https://api.skypeforbusiness.com/platformService/v1/applications/{applicationId}?endpointid={endpoin...}" to get the service:anonApplicationTokens

But invoking the API in step 3 above is where I am having issue. It is inconsistent, sometimes it works fine but sometimes it gives an internal server error. Please find below the response:
Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://api.skypeforbusiness.com/platformservice/v1/applications/{applicationid}?endpointId=xxxxxxxx

Please find below the complete stack trace:

OperationContext-ErrorCode=InternalServerError-ErrorSubCode=None-ErrorDebugProperties=errorReportId="9a9d3d524e5042d9b3dc0bf0f35b5d03"
exceptionMessage="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
detectionStackTrace=" at PlatformService.Web.Common.UcapResourceFactory.<ToResourceAsync>d__64.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at PlatformService.Web.Common.UcapResourceFactory.ApplicationEntityTranslator.<ToResourceAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at PlatformService.Web.Common.UcapResourceFactory.<ToResourceAsync>d__64.MoveNext()
at PlatformService.Web.ApplicationController.<Get>d__1.MoveNext()
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__3`1.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Bot.ChannelConnector.BotAuthorizationFilter.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.AuthenticationFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()"
-CorrelationId=2147531328-HttpMethod=GET-StatusCode=500-UriPath=/platformservice/v1/applications/{applicationid}-UriQueryParameters=?endpointId={endpointid}

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Also, can you please let me know as to when will the skype trusted API be ready for production use?

Thanks,
Victor

2 Replies

Any update or resolution to this issue? Code that was working 1 month ago stopped working recently and throwing the same servicefailure posted.

I am still blocked on this, has anyone found a solution? having the same issues?