Skype Server 2015/Skype client 2016 - Create subject chat room or subject matter expert (SME) rooms

Copper Contributor

in our old IM product (not Microsoft) we were able to create an 'expert group' or subject matter expert queue.  when the corp user post a question in the SME queue, the assign user(s) would get a notification to answer the question.

I posted a similar question to the teams forum but decisions have delayed migrating to 2019.  so I'm posting the same question back to this Skype server 2015 forum (using skype client 2016).

I can't figure out how to do this with Skype 2015 persistent chat.   Based on the architecture of persistent chat with topic feeds, I could create a category and then assign specific users or groups (from AD or exchange distribution lists) to a 'room' that doesn't really work.  

in theory, I would have to add the entire company to a single chat room and then have the monitors/mangers/SME create 'topic feeds' to get alerts that a question was posted (can we set this all up with a powershell command)?

category > chat room > then what?  add a topic feed (but not ego)?

trying to accomplish that an end user posting a question about benefits to an HR benefits chat room or asking a 'how to' question' to a specific chat or group IM room.

0 Replies