Skype Room systems with Logitech SmartDock says "room display is unplugged"

Copper Contributor

I've tried restarting the Logitech Smartdock, and the tablet, And tried plugging in to other HDMI ports on the TV. The TV seems to detect that *something* is plugged into the port, but the tablet doesnt seem to detect a display. Logged in as Administrator, and didnt see the Device manager detecting the display either. 

Anyone else run into this issue? 

7 Replies

Have you tested on another tv? to rule out that its not the TVs fault.

Make sure the HDMI cables are securely plugged into the SmartDock.  They have a habbit of becoming unplugged too.

Also if you use the Logitech Extender, if you disconnect any cable on it, you will need to power cycle the Extender Box, it's not automatically detected

I am having this same issue. All cables are connected, power cycled everything, still unable to detect. Did you ever find a solution?

Check the display settings within Windows. The refresh rate for the display may not be compatible with the TV.

I was able to resolve this issue (several times).

1. Hold down the power button on the SmartDock for 10+ seconds

2. Unplug the smartdock from the wall

3. Plug back in when the Windows icon pops up on the screen

@Arul Prasad Manoharan Lakshmi 

I was looking for an answer to the same questions and was intrigued by the 'Dual Screen Mode' and what it did.  Seems I was getting this message because it was 'ON' this means it was expecting two HDMI connections for two external screens: one for video and one for content sharing (in addition to the dock itself).  By un-selecting this option the message goes away and then it displays the time and a nice 'proximity join' message which it didn't before.

I hope this helps.