Skype Room System v3 app - Custom Themes?

Deleted
Not applicable

How can you add a custom theme to the Rigel system with the new v3 app? Can't see any release notes anywhere.

25 Replies

Any guidance how to change the theme is highly appreciated, but i think we will never get a KB where all changes are documented :(

Thank you for the excellent question! The documentation is available here: Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000220 EndHTML:000007591 StartFragment:000007437 EndFragment:000007524 Star...

Manage a Skype Room Systems v2 console settings remotely with an XML configuration file

Please let me know if you're still having issues with the configuration after reviewing the article. 

Thanks Matthew, I'll test it out/break it :)

Hi Matthew

I can't seem to figure out how to get this working.  My SRS is not domain joined.  Signs into O365.  Below is my SkypeSettings.xml.  The file is never deleted when rebooted to clearly not taking any information.  Tried loads of different combinations but still nothing.

Any ideas what is happening?

Thanks

Graham

<SkypeSettings>
  <AutoScreenShare>true</AutoScreenShare>
  <HideMeetingName>false</HideMeetingName>
  <UserAccount>
             <SkypeSignInAddress>room@domain.com</SkypeSignInAddress>
             <ExchangeAddress>room@domain.com</ExchangeAddress>
             <DomainUsername></DomainUsername>
             <Password>password</Password>
             <ConfigureDomain></ConfigureDomain>
             <AutoRotatePassword></AutoRotatePassword>
  </UserAccount>                                                        
  <DualScreenMode>true</DualScreenMode>
  <SendLogs>                           
             <EmailAddressForLogsAndFeedback></EmailAddressForLogsAndFeedback>
	            <SendLogsAndFeedback>false</SendLogsAndFeedback>
  </SendLogs>
  <Devices>
              <MicrophoneForCommunication></MicrophoneForCommunication>
              <SpeakerForCommunication></SpeakerForCommunication>
              <DefaultSpeaker></DefaultSpeaker>
  </Devices>
  <Theming> 
    <ThemeName>Custom</ThemeName>
	   <CustomThemeImageUrl>custom.png</CustomThemeImageUrl>
      <CustomThemeColor>
	       <RedComponent>255</RedComponent>
	       <GreenComponent>255</GreenComponent>
	       <BlueComponent>255</BlueComponent>
 	     </CustomThemeColor>
  </Theming>
</SkypeSettings>

Apologies for the delayed response. I've passed along the information to the Engioneering group and am awaiting their reply.  

Has there been an answer to this question? I would like to add my company logo to the background of our systems.

No update as yet :(

I apologize for the delayed response. The article mentioned above has recently been updated but I was wondering if the file had been placed in the

C:\Users\Skype\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState folder. If so, I would recommend contacting support and they can route the issue to the appropriate group for follow up.

Hi Graham,
take a look at this good article from Tobie Fysh 

Skype Room System v2 custom image guide
http://www.tobiefysh.co.uk/2017/07/skype-room-system-v2-custom-image-guide.html

Regards
Luca

Thanks Luca, I saw Tobie post about it, not had a chance to test yet.

Hi Matthew, I can't rememebr which folder I placed it in.  I'll test out when I'm in the office next.

Hi, Graham (or anyone else reading), did you ever find a solution to this? I'm struggling with a similar problem that I just can't make heads or tails of: The first part of my SkypeSettings.xml applies perfectly, with login info, servers etc, but then it fails every single time I try to define devices.

This is the devices part of my xml (this is for a test device, hence the non-standard devices):

<Devices>
<MicrophoneForCommunication>Logitech Webcam C930e</MicrophoneForCommunication>
<SpeakerForCommunication>Realtek High Definition Audio</SpeakerForCommunication>
<DefaultSpeaker>Polycom CX5100</DefaultSpeaker>
</Devices>

regards,

Øyvind

Nope never got it to work and haven’t tested it since. Did you read the blog post by Tobie above?

Hi Matthew,

I am having issues getting this working and cannot get the XML file to be processed. I have used the exact XML from the technet as a test case and it applied once, using the login details and it subsequently deleted the XML file (which it says it will do if all is good) so all looked good. I then tried a subsequent update to the XML and it won't take any notice of the XML, even when I just change the login details.

Has anybody got a valid XML file I can use as a base copy to get this working?

I can't deploy a custom background unless the XML is working and I have a customer needing a custom background.

Typical, after a day of failure and a post here, I now get it all working :)

I noticed Tobie had included a SkypeSettings.xml in his download (from his blog) and once I used this it all worked fine. I have added all the other elements to the XML and it processes it onb reboot without issue now. Possibly the XML format is very picky as I didn't use an XML editor, but I did clean up extra white space  in the file and all is good.

The PSD file listed in the technet for the SRS background is very useful as there are limited spaces to actual add logos so you need to position things carefully.

<SkypeSettings>
<AutoScreenShare>true</AutoScreenShare>
<HideMeetingName>true</HideMeetingName>
<UserAccount>
<SkypeSignInAddress>conferenceroom@domain.com</SkypeSignInAddress>
<ExchangeAddress>conferenceroom@domain.com</ExchangeAddress>
<DomainUsername></DomainUsername>
<Password>******</Password>
<ConfigureDomain></ConfigureDomain>
<AutoRotatePassword>0</AutoRotatePassword>
</UserAccount>
<SkypeMeetingsEnabled>true</SkypeMeetingsEnabled>
<TeamsMeetingsEnabled>true</TeamsMeetingsEnabled>
<DualScreenMode>false</DualScreenMode>
<SendLogs>
<EmailAddressForLogsAndFeedback>admin@domain.com</EmailAddressForLogsAndFeedback>
<SendLogsAndFeedback>true</SendLogsAndFeedback>
</SendLogs>
<Devices>
<MicrophoneForCommunication>Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Logitech MeetUp Speakerphone)</MicrophoneForCommunication>
<SpeakerForCommunication>Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Logitech MeetUp Speakerphone)</SpeakerForCommunication>
<DefaultSpeaker>Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (Logitech MeetUp Speakerphone)</DefaultSpeaker>
</Devices>
<Theming>
<ThemeName>Custom</ThemeName>
<CustomThemeImageUrl>SRSCustomBackground.png</CustomThemeImageUrl>
<CustomThemeColor>
<RedComponent>100</RedComponent>
<GreenComponent>100</GreenComponent>
<BlueComponent>100</BlueComponent>
</CustomThemeColor>
</Theming>
</SkypeSettings>

Great findings on this Jed, thanks for persisting with it. Looking forward to testing it out
A bit off topic here, but has anyone actually gotten SRS to join teams meetings? I see the xml flag above <TeamsMeetingsEnabled>true</TeamsMeetingsEnabled> and I've set this but the SRS still says "Currently Unsupported" when trying to join teams meetings.
Just a FYI, it worked fine for me on the Lenovo using Tobie's xml.
SRS can't talk to Teams meetings yet, only P2P calls.