SfB integration to Dynamics 365 PORTAL

Iron Contributor

I am aware that various modules and addons for Dynamics 365 can integrate with Skype for Business in the sense of - click on a contact record and place the call to the contact via SfB and also some where a contact has dialed in from the PSTN and Dynamics (or its add on) will bring up the contact details.  That is NOT what I am talking about below.

Dynamics 365 has a web portals capability. My contacts will have a portal provisioned by us. As part of that I need them to be able to click to schedule a video conference (which behind the scenes is SfB) with a mentor and record that mentoring session. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJQ1Ln8HVg at minute 26.36 suggests that this can easily be integrated with a web page. It follows that it ought be be possible to integrate it with a Dynamics 365 portal. Does anyone forsee any particular difficulties in doing this that may not be immediately apparent. Additionally, can anyone point me in the direction of more focussed materials as to how exactly this could be integrated with a Dynamics Portal  if it can be done at a portal "configuration level" rather than "programming level" that would be a bonus. For context the portal users are qualified but junior surgeons and the objective is to facilitate a discussion with the remotely located mentor surgeon in order to conduct a patient safety focussed review of how the surgeon intends to carry out the surgery, the planning that has been done and to identify any issues which could give rise to patient safety issues.

0 Replies