SRS Skype Room - cannot fetch calendar

Copper Contributor

morning,

all of a sudden our skype rooms all say "cannot fetch calendar", they have been working fine previously until about 2 days ago.

current setup:

SRS version 3.0.15.0

skype for business on premise

exchange hybrid

we have resource mailboxes set up for each room (hosted in exchange online)

The mailboxes have been there for months so I've no idea why they suddenly can't fetch the calendar

we can login as the rooms on desktop computers and access owa or outlook with no issues and calendar displays with meetings.

the skype account signs in fine just seems to be it cant get the EWS info for the skype room?

any ideas would be appreciated

17 Replies

Is there a reason you are holding at the 3.0.15.0 version of SRS, which is over a year old?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/clients-and-devices/srs2-rele...

no reason they just haven't updated.  We also have 2 test devices running the following Skype SRS versions and they exhibit the same behaviour.

srs versions:

I cant help thinking this is adfs or mfa related but azure sign in logs are not giving any failures

just an update on this... We have ONE SRS account that works. we tested the same account on the other rooms that are broken and the other SRS sytems sign in and pull the calendar information so its pointing to an account issue....

the strange thing is we cant figure out why all other accounts would suddenly stop working and this one is ok.

they are all configured exactly the same....

Cs Meeting room in skype, Exchange mailbox resource....

it doesn't make much sense... accounts are not locked....

Try signing into the SRS with a on-premises account (SfB Server-homed, Exchange Server mailbox) and see of the behavior is any different.  I've seen various issues with Exchange Autodiscover in the SRS app in Exchange Hybrid environment.  It can be a regular user for the test, does not have to be a Meeting Room/Resource Mailbox configuration.

This could point to a potential network/DNS related change that may have happened without your knowledge.

i'd agree about a potential dns or network problem if the SRS systems were not in the same building on the same ip range.

it's very strange how 3/4 of our systems in our building suddenly can't fetch calendar info.

the account that is still working is hosted in Exchange online...

I will test an on premise mailbox but that doesn't help me in the long run as it needs to work with Exchange online.

just a quick update on this...

As expected a local exchange account (user mailbox) works absolutely fine on SRS system....

We have about 10 exchange online resource mailboxes that sign in to SRS systems....

i'd say 3 or 4 of the SRS accounts out of 10 can't get the EWS info, the others are still ok....

out of ideas.....

Just for the record - we are also experiencing the same thing now. Suddenly (after the weekend) none of our SRS-rooms are able to get the calendar info.

We are running SfB Onprem as well as Exchange Onprem.

We are still investigating this, but just thought I should chime in and add 1 more to this case.

thanks for the reply, I still haven't managed to sort our issue yet.

We have gone as far as testing the room accounts on Skype for business App on computer (win 10) and testing to see if the meeting info comes through... all working fine... so it seems specific to SRS but we haven't got to the bottom of it yet...

Hi Tom, we just found a workaround that seems to solve the issue for us.

1. Open settings
  2. Change username to an unknown user - ie add an extra letter to the username and domain name
  3. Save and Exit
  4. Let the login fail
  5. Open settings once again
  6. Change username to the original name and correct the domain name
  7. Save and Exit
  8. Wait for the SRS to update the calendar

Very strange indeed. Since this happened with all our SRS's at the same time - could it be that some kind of token has expired and needed to be revoked? Just a reboot or logoff/logon did not solve this. We have to log in with a different user to make this work.

We are running on version 4.0.31.0, Win 10 Build 16299.726.

*update*

migrated a meeting room back from exchange online to on premise and still doesn't get the EWS calendar info. However, create brand new account on premise (never been online) and works fine.

Did packet capture for the exchange online mailbox (which has now been moved on premise) and it still goes out to the internet and communicates with ADFS/Exchange online.

does anyone know if SRS uses Legacy authentication to communicate with Exchange online? I don't think it uses modern auth

@Tom Smith 

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am experiencing the same issue. I would be very interested to hear what you found out especially with regards to modern authentification etc.

@Tom Smith

We have also the same Problem. Is there any Update?

we have installed and configured a Surface 6 Pro (Logitech SMARTDOCK)

and the SRS v2 with the release 4.0.85.0. April 2019 and Win1803

Briefly about our environment
- Skype for Business on-Premise
- Exchange Online 

Telephony with Skype for Business (SIP) works fine.

The SRS V2 system recognizes the name / room name and the phone number without problems.

Unfortunately the calendar is not shown on the display and there is no error message.

We have also use two different accounts:

- Skype Room System Account on Exchange Online

->SIP works, Exchange no Information or error on the error.log

- User Account Exchange Online

-> SIP works, Exchange no Information or error on the error.log

@Stefan_Koch_AEB 

Hi all,

I had the same issue, we fixed it.

The issue was that the IP range of the new location wasn't set in ADFS, once added, it works like a charm.

hope this will help

regards

Etienne

Hi All,

We had a similar issue recently. After spending 2 days trying internally and later with HP Support (we use HP Slice G2 devices) we were no further.

In an entry in the eventlog I saw a reference to "_autodiscover._tcp.<domain.com>". We have no such srv record and we are on office365.

I ended up changing the username and sip address to "accountname@myoffice365domain.onmicrosoft.com" from the User Administration center in Office 365. That resolved the issue.

Regards,

Kailash

We just started trying our Microsoft Teams Room. In our case, it was the modern authentication that would not allow the device to pull in calendar information. After allow basic authentication (ewwwww), the device was able to pull in the calendar information. Now we just need to figure out how to better lock down the account.

@Deleted 

You could set up conditional access for that account - IP based for example.

Regards,

Kailash

I did find that configuring DHCP option 252 (Web Proxy Auto Discover, WPAD) with the full URL to my organisation's Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) file resolved this in our case. Since we're using a local, non-domain account on the SRS/MTR device, it would have been too difficult to configure the PAC through another method such as a script. Conveniently, our cloud proxy provider supports forwarding requests to Office 365/Exchange Online without authentication so using the local account didn't pose any issue